An insight into the tool and die course for studentsJune 10, 2019
How Tool And Die Course Helps Enhance Work space ProductivityJune 10, 2019
Tool and die makers are people who build machinery tools and design them to perfection. They are placed at the top of the ladder in all of the metalworking trades. A tool and die maker is known for his versatility in using his hands to create machine parts that are required to make precision parts. The work of a tool and die maker’s work is much more complicated than a typical machinist. Because the tool and die maker can work independently to create machinery parts by designing and fabricating them. For any manufacturing unit a tool and die maker is an indispensable asset. So choose a tool and die course to advance your career.
Here are some tips to use to become a tool and die maker:
- Good knowledge of mathematics: A good command over mathematics is beneficial for the tool and design course. If you are well versed with the basic mathematical operations, and trigonometry it is very advantageous for you. The mathematical knowledge is required for calculating the dimensions of circular designs and studying various triangular dimensions. Knowledge of basic algebraic operations is also required.
- Computer knowledge: The tool and die maker needs certain skill set to be successful in his job. These skill-sets are included as a part of the vocational/technical courses in schools. If you’re an ace at creating and interpreting mechanical drawings, it is very beneficial for you.
- Part-time work at a tool and die shop: Aim at working at a tool and die shop while you are in high school. The hands on experience will give you the edge over others while seeking employment. Even performing the simple tasks such as drilling, sweeping and deburring can give you a lot of knowledge. If you’re lucky you may also learn about handling mill and lathe and the surface grinder.
- Choose a good school for a vocational course: There are several schools that offer this course at a basic and an advanced level. However, it is important to choose a good school to do the tool & die making course in Delhi. The best school will have plenty of machines in their lab for you to practice and you will get a good exposure. They should also have CNC controlled machinery in their labs.
- Keep a machinery handbook: This is a very good practice for any tool and die maker to carry a machinery handbook. They can quickly refer to the machining problems that they are facing.
- Invest in good quality machining tools: Invest in good quality machining toolkit which are currently being used in the industry. It need not be high-end and even some basic ones would do. However, do not invest in generic machining tools that do not serve a good purpose.
- Hands-on experience: When you land a job, focus on gaining hands-on experience which is more valuable for your future. Focus on learning from your seniors who have several years of experience and leverage on it.
- Connect with others: Connect with other tool and die makers on various forums on the internet or even in your own contact list. Talk to them about CNC programming and other current techniques that are being used.
- Subscribe to publications: Subscribe to a few metal-working trade publications and brush up your knowledge to stay current in the industry.
- Stay current: There are always advancements in the industry to know about. So stay current with your knowledge.
A tool and die maker’s profession can be a lucrative as well as rewarding career option. It can open the doors to several opportunities.